View Full Description
Click on the link below to view an Introduction to the B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST Electric Guitar
Most of B.C. Rich body styles employ a beveled edge around the shape. In many ways bevels on a top are similar to facets on a cut stone. They catch the light and reflect at different angles giving the instrument more of a three dimensional look. Some of the B.C. Rich top bevels are extreme and wide while others are subtle and narrow. Occasionally the shape of the instrument is accented by painting the bevels a contrasting color.
B.C. Rich is known as one of the pioneers in Neck Through construction. They utilize it on many of their guitars, because it provides the best possible sustain, resonance, comfort and access to higher frets. Neck-through has long been considered the premium construction method for high end guitars.
This construction starts with premium North American maple or Mahogany and runs from the tip of the headstock to the end of the guitar. This means that the headstock, fingerboard, pickups and bridge all are mounted to this single sound foundation. Sonically it is a difference you can hear.
The neck-through construction also allows us to cut away more of the body and neck at the neck joint which provides comfort that no bolt-on or set-neck could offer. You will find the neck through feature on all of our top of the line B.C. Rich models.
Rockfield (Mafia) Pickups
The use of a ceramic magnet gives any pickup extra power due to the increased magnetic field that they provide. This feature makes the Mafia pickups produce a hotter and thicker tone that's really aggressive and full. The increased low end and thick mids and in your face highs is what rock and roll was built on! Balanced and full of sustain this pickup is a great representation of its namesake, a truly intimidating killer.
To make sure the neck version of the Mafia pickup was just as full sounding as the bridge position and to do this without taking away from what has already been accomplished, very minor modifications have been made to the overall design and design concept of this pickup. The Mafia neck pickup has that punchy bold tone with the same aggressive characteristics as the bridge version. A tad brighter with a little less output really takes this pickup into the smooth and warm realm of the tonal spectrum. All while maintaining that balanced bite and "in your face" aggressive tone that the Mafia is known for!
Body & Bridge:
- Body Wood: Nato (eastern mahogany) with ebony stringers
- Body thickness: 45mm
- Top style: Beveled
- Top wood: AAA quilted maple veneer
- Bridge type: Floyd Rose® original tremolo
- Finish: stained trans glossy
Pickups & Hardware:
- Construction: Neck Through
- Headstock Style: Traditional 3 to a side
- Headstock Colour: Natural Rosewood Faced
- Neck Wood: maple
- Neck Radius: 12"
- Back of Neck: stain to match
- Nut Width: 43mm locking
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Inlay: small white pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 24 jumbo 2.7mm
- Scale: 25.5"
- Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-103
- Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatics
- Controls: 2 volumes, 1 tone, 1 three-way toggle, individual mini switches for pickup coil tap and reverse phase, and one 5 position varitone tone filter. (All passive)
- Hardware: Black
- Factory strings: 9 - 46
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.