Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Polyphonic Keyboard Synthesizer
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Polyphonic Keyboard SynthesizerDetails
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 synthesizer has twelve voices, giving it the greatest polyphony of any DSI synth. Each voice features four oscillators, a sub-oscillator, resonant analogue low- and high-pass filters, and analogue VCAs. The new Character section offers a range of wave shaping and sound sculpting options, including Drive, Hack, Decimation, Girth and Air.
Product Ref: 33618View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Prophet 12 also features a tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality, deep modulation capabilities and bi-timbral operation. The LFOs, delay and arpeggiator can all be synced to MIDI, and there are two programmable position- and pressure-sensitive touch sliders as well as the standard pitch and mod wheels.
The Prophet 12 is a modern, professional synthesizer that combines an elegant build with cutting edge features. The synth's full sized keyboard gives you five octaves of semi-weighted keys boasting channel and velocity aftertouch for great playability. Add to this two backlit pitch and mod wheels and two location and pressure sensitive touch sliders and you have a wealth of controls to choose from.
The Prophet twelve is a sleek Dave smith synth ready to handle whatever you can throw at it! Packed with a ton of sonic possibilities and power, the Prophet 12 invites you to control every aspect of your sound. The instinctive interface allows you to program and edit every parameter from the synth's front panel. Whether in the studio or on stage, you'll be able to access what you want quickly and easily without any extra fuss.
Each of the Prophet 12's voices is built using a new hybrid digital/analogue architecture which means it sounds difference to any other DSI synth. A digital front end is followed by an all analogue signal path output and each voice has five high res digital oscillators, a resonant Curtis low-pass filter, a digital character effects section, a high-pass filter, tuneable feedback circuit, a four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, sophisticated arpeggiator and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations!
The Prophet 12's digital oscillators can be frequency and amplitude modulated by each other with impressive accuracy. You can freely assign them in whatever operator and modulator configurations you choose or each assigned to modulate LFOs, envelopes and filters.
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Programmable Distortion
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled bubinga wood end panels and trim
- 38.4" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.