sE Electronics VR1 Voodoo Ribbon Mic
sE Electronics VR1 Voodoo Ribbon MicDetails
The Voodoo Ribbons from sE mark a new era for Ribbon mic technology - until now the only Ribbon microphone in the world to perform across 20Hz-20KHz was sE's Rupert Neve collaboration, the RNR1, critically acclaimed as the best Ribbon mic in the world.
Product Ref: 17821View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
This microphone uses state of the art transformers and a Rupert Neve designed circuit board to reveal HF usually absent. The Voodoo mics however achieve full frequency response using a new mechanical device (patent pending), designed by Siwei Zou, the company CEO.
This extraordinary technical achievement allows the traditional Ribbon capsule to develop and capture frequencies from 20Hz to 20KHz like no other Ribbon on the planet. The sound is revolutionary; where the RNR1 is simply a stunning mic in its own class entirely, the Voodoo range brings traditional ribbon sound to the project and commercial studio, but extends it to perform as well as most condensers do.
The result is superbly detailed and wonderfully open and natural sounding recordings of acoustic instruments and guitar cabs. The VR2 is an 'active' version of the VR1, which is the more traditional 'passive' Ribbon design. This microphone?s unique ability to perform, coupled with good looks, is sure to make the VR1 and VR2 classics of their time.
"The VR1 is super-sturdy, it takes EQ really well and I like the fact that it does go down really low - lower than I normally need for the show. There are certain parts in the show where maybe the guitar does a little 'dive-bomb' and I take out the high-pass filter and push it up. It's really fun, the way it just fills the room." - Eddie Mapp, FOH Engineer, Paramore
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Diaphragm 2µ: aluminium ribbon
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-18KHz
- Sensitivity: 1.6mV/Pa -56 ± 1.5dB
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Impedance: ≤ 300 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB(A weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5 THD@1000Hz: 135dB
- Connector: 3-pin
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.