Shure SM89 Directional Shotgun Microphone
Shure SM89 Directional Shotgun MicrophoneDetails
The SM89 can also be used for theater sound reinforcement, spot news coverage, or wildlife recording. The SM89 discriminates at a distance in favor of desired dialogue or effects and against ambient noise - even in noisy surroundings. The on-axis frequency response of the SM89 is very smooth and extended.
Designed especially for location film and TV production, theater sound reinforcement, and spot news coverage.
Product Ref: 23037View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Click on the link below to view applications for this Microphone:
For clarity and speech intelligibility, a slight presence rise optimizes the high-frequency response to compensate for high-frequency losses. A low-frequency roll-off minimizes pickup of wind, mechanical vibration, ambient noise, and rumble without affecting voice frequencies.
The off-axis response of the SM89 is virtually free of comb-filter effects. This is important when it is not possible to aim the microphone precisely or when it is desirable to pick up dialogue or sound from moving sources.
- Frequency Range: 80 Hz to 20 kHz
- Highly directional polar pattern optimized for distant pickup
- Smooth, wide on-axis response
- Greatly suppressed side pickup with minimum comb-filter effects
- Two low-cut frequencies, switch selectable
- Low impedance, high sensitivity
- Extremely low hum, noise, and RF pickup
- Uses readily available 11 to 52 Vdc phantom supply
- Rugged and reliable, operates over wide range of temperature and humidity
- Extremely lightweight, can be suspended on fishpole for long periods of time without operator fatigue
- Aircraft-grade materials used throughout
- Supplied with foam windscreen and strong luggage-grade carrying case
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Lobar
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -33 dBV/Pa / 22,2 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 16 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure:
- 800 Ohm load: 127 dB SPL
- 150 Ohm load: 119 dB SPL
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.